Strike the anvil on enterprise radio

An Entrepreneur's Journey Mobile App

Monday, June 24, 2013

Start from your sphere of influence........

While some sit and wait for the government to transform the nation, others are getting involved in creating this change that we all seek. Which group do you fall into?

I got in contact with a group called the generation for societal change last week through my friend Ikenna (my chemical engineering family!). He was booked to speak to some of the engineering students of the university of Lagos but was held up, so he called me and asked if I could fill in for him. Why not, I love getting involved in things like that, its my own little way of being a change agent. Besides, I didn't have anything booked for that time, so I checked it into my schedule.

It was nice to be there again, surrounded by students with hopes and dreams. Nothing much has changed, I could spot the efikos, the cool guys and all the groups we also had back in our day. I was called up first, to speak on the benefits of hard work. I didn't have anything planned per say, but I tried to make it as interactive as possible and here's a summary of the points from the session;


  • Start with identifying your purpose, only then can hard work truly be beneficial and it wouldn't even feel like work. 
  • The benefits of hard work go beyond money, you also want fulfillment at the end of the day.
  • You can work hard and have all the money in the world but not be truly wealthy. A wealthy man has "Access", he has touched so many lives and as such has access to benefits that money cannot buy. There are some places you cannot get into even if you had all the money in the world.
  • In the end, it pays to work hard.


Next up was Tayo Bamiduro, he spoke about building your reputation and career and here are a few of the points he made;


  • Your integrity is your most valuable asset.
  • Building a good reputation requires consistency, you are only as good as your last performance.
  • Be passionate about one thing at least and follow it through.
  • Be interested in things that are happening around you and not just your vocation.  
  • Learn the art of reverse engineering. You do not need to re-invent, rather think next level.


There was a lot more that was said at the program, but these are the few points I can remember. I am positive that we managed to get through to at least one person that day, if not more.


No comments:

Post a Comment