Strike the anvil on enterprise radio

An Entrepreneur's Journey Mobile App

Friday, October 11, 2013

This woman's work.......Maxwell #90smusic

Before I start, I have to give a shout out to my cousin Jide Ogungbesan. Coz, I was meant to do a post on your birthday precisely and give this shout out, but sleep overcame the desire to do that. Love you lang time coz!! Mwaah.

It's  been three days again. We started this aerobics sessions where I live and it's not a joke. I am not that fat, so I assumed I was fit. Alas! I thought wrong. After the first session, I was in pain for a whole week. I was so sure I was coming down with malaria, till I remembered the origin of the pain. Lol!! It's getting better with every session though, so the initial thoughts of dropping out are starting to fade.

I recently started getting speaking engagement gigs in relation to entrepreneurship. At first it was just because I enjoyed it, but guess what? I got paid for the last two!! Whoop whoop. Not like it was some millions or something, at least not yet, before you start saying Mofolusade has hit jackpot. Lol. Still, it feels good to be able to generate income in some other way. Multiple streams of income is the key to survival. We'll discuss this in a post for another day. Today should be about my favorite year in music, the 90s! #leggo

The song for today is a timeless one. I loved it so much, it always woke me up from sleep. I just had to wake up to enjoy the song. When I was younger, I used to sleep with the radio on, I liked the idea of music serenading me in the background. I tried it recently and I woke up with a headache!! hahaha. I couldn't believe it. Age has different ways of affecting you.

The song I am  referring to is Maxwell's cover version of "This woman's work" Oh lawd!! The song connected straight with my brain. The vocals, the flow, the lyrics. It was originally done by Kate Bush for the movie, She's having a baby. I don't even remember her version that much. Maxwell's voice is coated with honey.

In 1997, he covered the song for his MTV Unplugged album release. When it featured as a soundtrack for Love and Basketball, the song was reborn. There are some movies you don't forget in a hurry, Love and Basketball is one of such movies, with the remarkable songs on the soundtrack list, they bagged the best soundtrack award at the Black reel awards in 2001. The look on Maxwell's face in the video for the song sends shivers to my spine! 

Enjoy!

This Woman's Work - Maxwell (Cover version)

View the video via this link if you can see the embedded video

Pray God you can cope
I'll stand outside (hen! what do u mean? will u enter the labor room my friend!! shio)
This woman's work
This woman's world
Oh it's hard on the man (Hard koo, hard ni!)
Now his part is over
Now starts the craft of the Father

I know you've got a little life in you yet
I know you've got a lot of strength left
I know you've got a little life in you yet
I know you've got a lot of strength left

I should be crying but I just can't let it show
I should be hoping but I can't stop thinking
All the things we should've said that I never said
All the things we should've done but we never did
All the things we should've given but I didn't

Oh, darling, make it go, make it go away

Give me these moments
Give them back to me
Give me your little kiss

Give me your...
I know you have a little life in you yet
Give me your hand, babe
I know you have a lot of strength left
Give me your pretty hand
I know you have a little life in you yet
Oh oh oh
I know you have a lot of strength left

My love child
I know you have a little life in you yet
Whatever you need me
I know you have a lot of strength left
Give me your hand
I know you have a little life in you yet
Give me your hand
I know you have a lot of strength left

I should be crying but I just can't let it show, baby
I should be hopin' but I can't stop thinkin'
Of all the things we should've said that we never said
All the things we should've done that we never did
All the things that you wanted from me
All the things that you needed from me
All the things I should've given but I didn't
oh, darling, make it go away, just make it go away

 Why did you take out your Aftro though? I loved it. 

 Sniff Sniff!!


No comments:

Post a Comment