Strike the anvil on enterprise radio

An Entrepreneur's Journey Mobile App

Saturday, November 2, 2013

End of the road ....... Boyz II Men #90smusic

I know it's not Friday and you do too I believe, but still, I'll do my TGIF post today. I have had an extremely busy weekend, plus traffic almost finished me in that Lekki of a place on Friday! Good God!! Even when I was feeling smart by taking the new link bridge from Ikoyi and paying the whooping (yes, it is whooping!) N250 as toll, I was still on the bridge for close to 30 minutes. How so annoying. Mscheew. Anyway, all of my running up and down was not in vain. I have happy customers, that's all that matters.

I did something yesterday that made me float with joy all the way home. Even as I was stuck on the bridge, 3rd mainland one this time, I didn't feel bad at all, tired yes, but very happy. I surprised a client whose cake was messed up during valentine's. She didn't believe it, especially because it's been so long. The look on her face was priceless. I had been planning to do this for a while, since her hubby refused my offer of a refund. I could dish out a million and one reasons to not take the blame - the baker messed up, there was traffic and too much pressure, yada yada, but who cares about my sob story. I was listening to some branding expert over the radio last Sunday and he said, your clients don't pay you for effort, they pay you for results. Sounds harsh, but that's the plain truth. Funny enough, I remember one of my old bosses in the bank used to say that a lot, I found it extremely annoying at the time! Lol! Look at me now.

I have been chasing aunty Tosyn to share her 90smusic choice with my blog readers for some time now (Okay, I exaggerate, a little over a week actually). Madam versatile, mulit-talented OAP is so hard to catch. She is too too busy! I must hand it to her, I honestly do not know how she does it. Please guys, add your voice to mine and let's beg area mama to please, pretty please and pleeeeease, honor our request to grace this blog with her majesty's writing skills. While we wait, I must continue to try not to bore you with my #90smusic playlist. Here goes nothing!

I am sure many of you will agree that we cannot speak of R&B in the 90s without Boyz II men! I mean how?! I remember when my dad bought the "End of the Road" single on cassette, I sat by the radio with my pen and notepad, pressing rewind and fast forward to get the lyrics to the song! Lol!! I am sure if anyone in this generation was asked to do that we would get an "ain't nobody gat time for that" response, hehe. If you were born in my generation though, and you never did any of the following;

- Record songs from Raypower and try to cut of their Raaaaaypower tag line from it
- Sit with the radio player with your pen and paper, rewinding and fast forwarding to note down lyrics
- Buy hip-hop world magazine to learn lyrics so you can shine when you sing along, Lol

then you must have been some dry @*% kid! Sorry.

Back to the matter. End of the road was recorded by boyz II men for the movie boomerang, starring Eddie Murphy. This became the second hit of 1992 to place on the all time top 10 list of pop hits, first was Whitney's "I will always love you"! These people could sing and wake the dead! The 90's rocked abeg!

I just watched the video again and almost choked with laughter at the clothes meeen! To think we all thought they looked cool. Fashion is so fickle. What on earth was going on with those over sized suits and the jeans! OMG. I'll still do the lumber jacks though, any day. Enough already, Let me share the video.

Enjoy...



[Spoken:]
Girl you know we belong together
I have no time for you to be playing
With my heart like this
You'll be mine forever baby, you just see

[Verse:]
We belong together
And you that I'm right
Why do you play with my heart,
Why do you play with my mind?

Said we'd be forever
Said it'd never die
How could you love me and leave me
And never say goodbye?

When I can't sleep at night without holding you tight
Girl, each time I try I just break down and cry
Pain in my head oh I'd rather be dead
Spinnin' around and around

[Chorus:]
Although we've come to the End Of The Road
Still I can't let you go
It's unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you
Come to the End of the Road
Still I can't let you go
It's unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you

Girl, I know you really love me,
You just don't realize
You've never been there before
It's only your first time

Maybe I'll forgive you, hmm
Maybe you'll try
We should be happy together
Forever, you and I

Will you love me again like you loved me before
This time I want you to love me much more
This time instead just come to my bed
And baby just don't let me down

[Chorus:]
Although we've come to the End Of The Road
Still I can't let go
It's unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you
Come to the End of the Road
Still I can't let go
It's unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you

[Spoken:] (Aaaah!! This guys spoken part was to die for, heo!, *Faints*)

Girl I'm here for you
All those times at night when you just hurt me
And just run out with that other fella
Baby I knew about it, I just didn't care
You just don't understand how much I love you do you?
I'm here for you
I'm not out to go out and cheat on you all night
Just like you did baby but that's all right
Hey, I love you anyway
And I'm still gonna be here for you 'till my dying day baby
Right now, I'm just in so much pain baby
'Cause you just won't come back to me
Will you? Just come back to me

(These are the kind'a lyrics that have beclouded the thinking of many girls today! lol. Wahala)

(Lonely)
Yes baby my heart is lonely
(Lonely)
My heart hurts baby
(Lonely)
Yes I feel pain too
Baby please

This time instead just come to my bed
And baby just don't let me down

[Chorus:]
Although we've come to the End Of The Road
Still I can't let go
It's unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you
Come to the End of the Road
Still I can't let go
It's unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you

[Chorus: a cappella]
Although we've come to the End Of The Road
Still I can't let go
It's unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you
Come to the End of the Road
Still I can't let go
It's unnatural, you belong to me, I belong to you

Just look at them! Lol! No comments.

A cooler them, except for that drewrag (that's what it was called yeah?) Jeez!

By the way, if you are in Africa or the middle east, be alert so you don't miss the partial solar eclipse. I have read that it's one to look out for. Not like Solar eclipses happen everyday, but this they say is going to be a rare one.

No comments:

Post a Comment