Strike the anvil on enterprise radio

An Entrepreneur's Journey Mobile App

Monday, January 20, 2014

Eniola Raji - Hydrateq #inthespiritofenterprise

Hi guys. I went out yesterday to buy me some cardboard paper! I am in dire need of some motivation. I'm going to write out my goals and God's promises for me boldly and put them around my wall. Sometimes we just have to do unusual things to keep our dreams and vision alive!

We resume our entrepreneur showcases today with a man. Last year had so many women and I could have come across as biased. This year, I will make an effort to balance the gender. 

This is a case of "big things a gwan"! Who says there are no opportunities? Read Eniola Raji's story.

Enjoy........


Tell us about Yourself.

My name is Eniola Raji. I was born on the 8th of January. I’m the 3rd of a family of six children. I’m a Christian, a Nigerian from Ondo state (There's just something about we Ondo people! *dodges stones* haha). I’m married to the most beautiful person I know, Abimbola, and we are blessed with a Son, Jotham.

Tell us about your business.

Hydrateq Interactive Systems Limited is a Pan African Company which provides audacious and innovative Touch and Gesture Technology Solutions, as well as other cutting edge technology solutions. The company specializes in the manufacture of touch systems, having product distribution network currently spanning Africa.

Hydrateq, in partnership with Portuguese based Edigma Group (DisplaxTM), provides turnkey solutions to various industries, businesses and market sectors. We are able to scope, conceptualize, design, deliver and manage global projects and deployments.

The company leverages its skills and competencies with strategic partnerships in deploying cutting-edge solutions in a bid to satisfy our clients’ yearning for increased customer loyalty and satisfaction, reduced operational cost and increased brand visibility.



How did you get into this line of business?

Well, I did not stumble on it. I grew up in a Civil Engineers home who likes to build all sorts of stuff, my father. I grew up knowing how to use different tools for different projects. I learned plumbing, carpentry, welding and all sort of stuffs from my father and his engineers.

I used to design all types of conceptual machines, vehicles, sub-marines, personal carriers and lots of other things. I had this book where I kept all my designs.

In June, 2010, I came across one of my designs in a local newspaper, a flying car designed for the U.S Military built by ATX, an American company. At this time, I was working with a finance company and this made me realize that I was on a wrong boat. I started doing some research and this eventually led to setting up Hydrateq.

What inspired you?

Wow, I would say the beauty and power of technology has always inspired me. I have this unexplainable ability to see how things work, how machines, parts and different things come together to do what they are built to do. I’m also inspired by art. It’s not just the ability of a piece of technology to do what it’s built to do; it’s also the beauty it adds to the environment.



What are the main challenges you face and how have you overcome them?

Challenges are everywhere. Disapproving parents (This seems to come up, repeatedly), harsh business and operating environment, lack of skilled human resource and scarce funds make the top of the list. Every challenge is peculiar in the way you try to manage or solve them. One thing has kept me going; God, and a defiant resolve to remain focused on the vision He has given me.

How will you summarize your journey so far?

My journey has been interesting. It is laden with so many good times and challenging times. But in all, God has been good to me, my family and my business.

Given another chance, will you do this again?

Absolutely, but I will do it better and make less mistakes.


Want to know more? Or know someone who might need these? Contact Hydrateq;

Website - www.hydrateq.com.ng
Twitter - @hydrateq
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Hydrateq


No comments:

Post a Comment