Strike the anvil on enterprise radio

An Entrepreneur's Journey Mobile App

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Mooner's Faith - Moyebi I Johnson #inthespiritofenterprise


I get excited when I meet people who are doing something that many people claim cannot be done in Nigeria. So when Johnson told me about his inventions, I naturally took a liking to him. He studied the same engineering that many of us studied, in this same Nigeria, but he has been able to apply his own knowledge to solve live problems.

When I share all these stories, the idea is not to sugar coat it and make entrepreneurship look more glamorous than it actually is. The aim is to showcase those who have dared to try and hopefully inspire someone that it is possible!

Johnson still needs a serious marketer on his team, who believe in the product and can get it out there? You could be that someone.

Read about the SWIG(rtm) invention here;

Enjoy!

Tell us about yourself


I am Moyebi I. Johnson. I am a native of Ilaje in Ondo State of Nigeria. I have B.Sc in Surveying and Geo-informatics, University of Lagos. I also took some certificate courses in Information Technology. I believe with aspiration and determination, impossibilities could become possibilities.

Newly wedded couple on their honey-moon are always optimistic of better future. Someone also conceptualized landing on the moon, that old tall dream is now a history of an inventor. Hence the name 'Mooner's Faith'.

Tell us about your business

Mooner's Faith Ltd was registered in 2013. I registered Brill Sat ltd in 2005 with focus on providing GIS services while Mooner's Faith was focused on recycling, new product design and eventually production. Mooner's Faith was aimed at recycling old items to help the environment. Also to design simple products that will eliminate avoidable communicable diseases contacted through social life. Its our little way of promoting good environment and health care



What was your inspiration for starting this business?

I know there are many avoidable communicable diseases being spread through sharing of items in bars (i.e Cup), if it's washed with dirty water or not washed at all. Straws are good but will not prevent flies and dirt from entering your drink, someone even said 'I don't want anything to be dropped in my drink', Its not also convenient to drink from can and PET bottles directly while driving, the bar operators need to be saved from trouble of gathering glass cups all the time only to lose them due to broken glasses. Nipple is fun and natural to children when drinking from their water bottle. These issues necessitated development of 'SWIG(rtm) Nipple'.



How did you get funding for your business?

90% savings and 10% friends intervention.

What opportunities have you been able to leverage on in your business so far?

I had the opportunity of working with a seasoned professor more than a decade ago, Prof. Peter O. Adeniyi. He made me discover myself by giving me assignments that gave me exposure to the business world. He encouraged me to further my studies. To him no task was Insurmountable. This core value helped me overcome many challenges in life.

What Challenges have you faced so far and how have you been able to overcome them?

One major challenge is the lack of well equipped public technical workshops. Apart from machines you also need access to professional 3D software which is not available. I could remember I went to Owode Onirin but my design suffered alignment problems due to lack of calibration of the Lathe machines.

However, I want to really thank the inventors of internet and google search engine. I was able to get a free 3d software downloaded. After designing my product at the comfort of my room, I sourced manufacturer in china. But honestly they are things we can do here in Nigeria.

How will you summarize the journey so far?

The journey so far has been interesting. You are bound to face challenges but do not be a 'one-way' person otherwise your challenges may become bottle neck. For you to succeed please set achievable goals with less or no external intervention, you can later expand.

Given the Chance, will you do this again?

I am inquisitive and curious in nature. Research has become an interesting hobby to me. Therefore, I will like to do this over and over. Learning new things gives me joy.

What lessons have you been able to learn from your journey so far that others should know.

Former president Obasanjo said we should be a 'do tank'. He is very right, both 'think tank and do tank' are very important. Look around, you will see at-least a problem facing the populace. Find solutions and select one that requires little or no external assistance (as capital intensive solution may discourage you). One important lesson I learnt is that, internet and google are wonderful tools, ideas on the internet can reduce your project cost by 50%.



The white collar job market is almost saturated but the field is still green in research, design and production. Its a lot easier to employ yourself and others than to be employed.

How can people connect with you

email: moonersfaith@yahoo.com
g+: moyebi81@gemail.com
watsapp/phone: 08034763779, 07088272729

No comments:

Post a Comment